Be active and enjoy the rich culture of Thuringia
Extensive hiking, cycling and horse-riding trails in our densely wooded surroundings invite you to take part in sporting activities, as do the nearby motor and air sports facilities.
Short hikes or discovery tours lead along our game reserve. An original wooden playground is available for our younger guests in the inner courtyard. Here you will also find plenty of seating that invites you to linger. A riding stable is located right next to the holiday farm.
Our older guests can pass the time playing football, volleyball, basketball or table tennis. You can round off a beautiful day with a visit to the sauna.
Thuringia is known for its cultural and historical past. “Where else can you find so much good in such a small spot?” – Goethe already raved about his adopted Thuringian home. The rich history, lovingly restored old town centres and generous architectural masterpieces make Thuringia a particularly attractive destination for city and cultural trips.
The central location of our farm offers an ideal starting point for a wide variety of “exploration tours”. Thuringia’s numerous castles and palaces or the well-known city destinations can thus be easily reached from Groschwitz.
Our tips for every season:
- Visit Saalemaxx” fun pool in Rudolstadt and open-air swimming pool.
- Day trip to the Oberweißbach mountain railway with Froebel Forest and Froebel Museum
- Fairy grottoes in Saalfeld with fairy forest
- Spacious open-air swimming pool in Saalfeld with 10-metre diving tower
- Play factory in Saalfeld
- Hohenfelden with “Avenida-Therme”, bathing lake and climbing forest
- Greifenstein Castle Falconry
- Groschwitz horse world (our neighbour)